Friday, December 10, 2010

Meeting Reflection

I had a meeting with some of my classmates on October, we discussed life at ADMC and could we improve things for students that come from outside of AbuDhabi. I was the Chairman to, Ali, who was the note-taker, we were joined as well with two attendees, Adnan and Awad. the meeting was very exiting, our introuduction wasn't but excellent, we discussed the points at the Agenda very elegantly and professional with idea sharing and a very organised, polite discussion. Our conclusion was very relating and recalling, but forgot to tell them when would the next meeting be although the action plan was stated clearly. I've learned too many from this amazing experience, I've learned organizing an agenda, sharing discussion and most importantly, 'punctuality,' it might not be related to the meeting very much, but coming on time, finishing on time, does save a lot of time in our every day, 'busy life style.'  I have read a few books on managing meeting, one had a very interesting method the writer called it the Six Hats Method, its very long to describe but it saves more time and its amazingly efficient, it was suggested by Edward De Bono, the author of the best seller Lateral Thinking, i think in my future meetings i would be using his method.

Abdullah A. AlHosani

No comments:

Post a Comment